Antique Jaques Staunton 1849 Reproduction Chess Pieces & Solid Ebony Acacia Chess Board
- Beautifully crafted from ebony.
- Unique antiqued boxwood pieces
- Superb detail and high quality finish.
- Broad bases.
- Imperious 4.4 inch (11 cm) king.
- Perfectly weighted and felted.
- Matched with a solid ebony and acacia rustic hand made chessboard
Highly detailed and superbly finished, these 1849 Reproduction Staunton Chessmen, with a 4.4-inch king, are handcrafted in high-quality ebony and boxwood in the world-famous and classic Staunton design. Supplied by the same chess workshop that produces some of the world's finest chessmen, these stunning pieces have been turned from solid wood then painstakingly carved with beautiful detailing.
At 4.4 inches, the king is an imposing figure and, along with his supporting army, is perfectly weighted for balance with billiard cloth-covered bases for board protection.
The ebony quality and unique antiqued boxwood make this set, not only an enviable acquisition but also a good investment and heirloom for future generations.