- Wood Variation
- Beautifully crafted from ebony.
- Unique antiqued boxwood pieces
- Superb detail and high quality finish.
- Broad bases.
- Imperious 4.4 inch (11 cm) king.
- Perfectly weighted and felted.
- Matched with a solid ebony and acacia rustic hand made chessboard
Highly detailed and superbly finished, these 1849 Reproduction Staunton Chessmen, with a 4.4-inch king, are handcrafted in high-quality ebony and boxwood in the world-famous and classic Staunton design. Supplied by the same chess workshop that produces some of the world's finest chessmen, these stunning pieces have been turned from solid wood then painstakingly carved with beautiful detailing.
At 4.4 inches, the king is an imposing figure and, along with his supporting army, is perfectly weighted for balance with billiard cloth-covered bases for board protection.
The ebony quality and unique antiqued boxwood make this set, not only an enviable acquisition but also a good investment and heirloom for future generations.
Please note that due to indicative nature of wood (being natural) and therefore an inconsistent material, please be aware that this may result in colour, shade, tone variations.
Weights and sizes are intended as approximate guides only
3 YEAR GUARANTEE
We offer a 3 year standard guarantee that covers any natural defects such as, splitting, cracking, warping of the woods used in our entire range
We are proud of the quality of our products. We also want you to have the best value for your investment in our luxury products. This is why we offer all of them an exceptional 3 year warranty and Lifetime Warranty ( limited editions) from the date of purchase.
The warranty covers the following:
- Hairline cracks
- Moving of the weights inside the pieces
- Warping of the chess boards
- Adhesive problems
- Any damage caused to the product during shipping if it is reported immediately upon receipt
The warranty does not cover:
- Products being broken by accident or by purpose, including but not limited to dropping them
- Products getting scratches or other wear caused by excessive using or misuse
- Discoloration caused by exposure to sunlight
- Products that have been modified after purchase
- Losing a product
- Products getting harmed because of wrong methods of cleaning, polishing etc.
- Warping or any other harm to the products caused by exceptional or extreme storage conditions (temperatures or exceptionally humid / dry conditions)
In order for the warranty to apply, the products must have be stored properly. The chess pieces and chess boards have to be kept away from the sunlight (including sunlight through a window), in normal and stable room temperature and humidity.
UK Delivery Schedule
We aim to deliver UK Mainland orders in 2 working days.
Northern Ireland , Scottish Islands and Isle Of Man - 2 to 5 days