- Wood Variation
The classic chess piece set is one of our best sellers, this is the preferred style of the club and tournament player. Hand-carved and turned using Acacia wood and boxwood, pieces are weighted and felted. Each piece begins with the artisan handpicking the kiln-dried timber to begin the hand carving process
- Hand-carved and turned using Acacia wood and boxwood
- Weighted and felted
- Each piece begins with the artisan handpicking the kiln-dried timber to begin the process of hand carving the chess pieces
Please note that due to indicative nature of wood (being natural) and therefore an inconsistent material, please be aware that this may result in colour, shade, tone variations.
Weights and sizes are intended as approximate guides only
3 YEAR GUARANTEE
We offer a 3 year standard guarantee that covers any natural defects such as, splitting, cracking, warping of the woods used in our entire range
We are proud of the quality of our products. We also want you to have the best value for your investment in our luxury products. This is why we offer all of them an exceptional 3 year warranty and Lifetime Warranty ( limited editions) from the date of purchase.
The warranty covers the following:
- Hairline cracks
- Moving of the weights inside the pieces
- Warping of the chess boards
- Adhesive problems
- Any damage caused to the product during shipping if it is reported immediately upon receipt
The warranty does not cover:
- Products being broken by accident or by purpose, including but not limited to dropping them
- Products getting scratches or other wear caused by excessive using or misuse
- Discoloration caused by exposure to sunlight
- Products that have been modified after purchase
- Losing a product
- Products getting harmed because of wrong methods of cleaning, polishing etc.
- Warping or any other harm to the products caused by exceptional or extreme storage conditions (temperatures or exceptionally humid / dry conditions)
In order for the warranty to apply, the products must have be stored properly. The chess pieces and chess boards have to be kept away from the sunlight (including sunlight through a window), in normal and stable room temperature and humidity.
1) Product Retail packaging must be intact and unopened. Must be Unused and in original packaging
2) Your details/packing slip included inside the returns parcel
3) Returned securely using a signed for courier service and email us the tracking number so we may apply a refund once returned, without a verifiable tracking number refunds will not be actioned.
For unwanted returned, refused or failed delivery or signature is unobtained at delivery attempt, there will be a deduction of £9.00 to cover our free promotion outbound shipping.
YOU MUST NOTIFY US VIA EMAIL WITHIN 14 DAYS of your intent to return/cancel otherwise the claim will not be valid.
If you are not completely satisfied with a product, you have a full 30 days from the date of purchase to return the product for a refund or store credit. Products may only be returned if unused and in original and unused condition.
Returning the Product
Please return the goods well packaged using a “signed for” insured Postal service. You are required to email us with the returns tracking number so we may apply for a refund accordingly No refund will be given for merchandise damaged due to poor packaging by the customer. Remember to enclose the order number or an invoice so we may identify with the customer return.
ENGLISH CHESS COMPANY
RETURNS DEPT 3 GARNERS LANE,
Please allow 7-10 days processing time for credit adjustments on modified orders or returns. Official Staunton adheres to The Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 regarding the protection of consumers in respect of distance contracts. Through this regulation, customers in the European Union have the statutory right to withdraw from the purchase of an item from the Official Staunton website within seven working days (cooling-off period) of receiving a product from us.
DAMAGED GOODS/ MISSING PIECES
You will not be charged for postage twice if a product arrives damaged and requires replacement or if there are missing pieces, components. Please contact us immediately by email or our contact form so we may arrange a collection and or send the missing components Claims must be reported to us within 3 day of receipt of goods otherwise the claim will not be valid
No Restocking Fees
We do not charge restocking fees, however, it is important that you return items in new condition or as close to new condition as possible. Customers are expected to pay for return postage charges except in certain damage cases (see Damages).
Refunds and Store Credits
A refund by check or credit card will be automatically given unless a store credit is specifically requested by the customer. Store credits can be applied to future orders or later requested as a cash refund. Postage fees are non-refundable.
Postage Fee Refunds
Generally, Postage fees are non-refundable. However, the Postage fees will be waived or credited if a shipping error is made by us. In this event, we'll cover the cost to replace the product and return it.
Please provide as much detail as possible. We will work quickly to replace the damaged merchandise. Save the product and packaging and wait for further instructions. We will usually be sent a replacement right away and the damages will be handled separately. Please don't simply return it - we need to process a claim with the shipping carrier first.
Claims for damage must be reported to us within 3 day of receipt of goods otherwise the claim will not be valid.
To be eligible for a return, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it. It must also be in the original packaging.
UK Delivery Schedule
We aim to deliver UK Mainland orders in 2 working days.
Northern Ireland , Scottish Islands and Isle Of Man - 2 to 5 days