- Wood Variation
Outstanding reproduction of a Jaques 1849 set, using aged boxwood and Natural grained Ebony
The boxwood used is aged naturally, which has a deeper honey colour hue than that of new boxwood which s usually much paler
We are renowned for making superb reproduction chess sets and boards so it's no surprise that our latest instalment exceeds and delivers what can only be described as the finest Staunton design chess pieces ever reproduced. Our team of designers and craftsmen have reproduced a sublime Jaques set circa 1849.
The attention to detail is incredible, the carving of the knights, in particular, is just superb. The finishing of these hand-carved and turned pieces is sublime. Our team has worked absolute wonders in recreating an early 1849 Staunton design.
The set features a king-size at 4.4 Inches with a 2" base diameter. The pieces are core weighted and felted. The set is supplied with 4 Queens.
Please note that due to indicative nature of wood (being natural) and therefore an inconsistent material, please be aware that this may result in colour, shade, tone variations.
Weights and sizes are intended as approximate guides only
3 YEAR GUARANTEE
We offer a 3 year standard guarantee that covers any natural defects such as, splitting, cracking, warping of the woods used in our entire range
We are proud of the quality of our products. We also want you to have the best value for your investment in our luxury products. This is why we offer all of them an exceptional 3 year warranty and Lifetime Warranty ( limited editions) from the date of purchase.
The warranty covers the following:
- Hairline cracks
- Moving of the weights inside the pieces
- Warping of the chess boards
- Adhesive problems
- Any damage caused to the product during shipping if it is reported immediately upon receipt
The warranty does not cover:
- Products being broken by accident or by purpose, including but not limited to dropping them
- Products getting scratches or other wear caused by excessive using or misuse
- Discoloration caused by exposure to sunlight
- Products that have been modified after purchase
- Losing a product
- Products getting harmed because of wrong methods of cleaning, polishing etc.
- Warping or any other harm to the products caused by exceptional or extreme storage conditions (temperatures or exceptionally humid / dry conditions)
In order for the warranty to apply, the products must have be stored properly. The chess pieces and chess boards have to be kept away from the sunlight (including sunlight through a window), in normal and stable room temperature and humidity.
UK Delivery Schedule
We aim to deliver UK Mainland orders in 2 working days.
Northern Ireland , Scottish Islands and Isle Of Man - 2 to 5 days